- (1) Auto-add a free gift to the customer cart
- (2) Let the customer select his free (or discounted) products directly from the cart
- (3) Create BOGO, 1+2, 2+2, Each N promotions
- (4) Give a free or a discounted product on each $X amount spent
- (5) Create cart rules based on customer attributes, order history, and product custom options
- (6) Display badges and banners in the gift product pages, and in products that trigger a gift
- (7) Display upsell cart hints and invalid coupon messages, to increase promotion awareness
- (8) Use coupon codes in the rules
- Lifetime support
- Free installation
- 30 days money back guarantee
- 100% open source
- Compatibility: Magento CE 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x
- Frontend Demo
- Backend Demo (demo / qwer1234)
- Download the User Manual
Auto-add a free gift to the customer cart
The extension adds 4 new action types (and 12 sub-actions) to the cart rules.
The new actions allow to auto-add a free gift in a various ways - without any conditions, with Magento core conditions, on each $X spent, within a BOGO promotion and within an Each N promotion.
Offer a discounted item to the customer
You can also use the new cart rules to offer non-free (discounted) products.
That is, once the customer cart fulfils the cart rule conditions, let him know that he can select his discounted products by displaying a cathy message in the cart.
The customer can click the message and select his free / discounted products directly within the cart.
12 new ways to create amazing free gift promotions
The extension adds 4 new actions and 12 new sub-actions to the shopping cart price rules. It makes it possible to create a variety of free gift / discounted products promotions - Auto-add a free gift (or offer discounted products) without any condition, give a free gift (or offer discounted products) on each $X spent, BOGO and Each N
- Use any product quantity for the free gift rules.
- Use flexible conditions to define the discounted products and the products that trigger the discount.
- Apply any discount amount in the free gift rules.
- Use 3 types of discounts - Percentage, Fixed Discount and Fixed Price.
- Define the discount order - by cheapest or most expensive
- You can choose to apply the Each N discount after some number of products was added to cart.
Auto-add a free gift (or offer a discounted product) with or without a condition
Make your customers happy by auto-adding a free gift to their cart, without any condition. Or offer your customers a discounted product with or without any condition.
The condition can be a Magento core condition. It can also be one of the new conditions introduced by the extension - eg: customer attributes, customer sales history and more.
- (1) Auto-add a small gift to every customer order.
- (2) Female customers get a free perfume sample on every purchase
- (3) Old customers (customers who purchased in the past) - get a watch for $50 only
- (4) New customers - get two t-shirt with 50% discount
Display free gift messages in the mini cart
The extension informs the customer about her free gifts already in the mini cart. It also displays messages that let her know that she is applicable for a discount. This way, the customer feels secure about her free gifts and the discounts that she got. She also feels excited about her available discounts.
- (1) The extension has auto-added a bottle to the customer cart. The mini-cart will display the message "You've got this for free!" in the mini cart, next to the bottle.
- (2) The ongoing promotion is "Buy a pair of pants and get a women t-shirt with a 50% discount".
The customer adds a pair of pants to her cart. The mini-cart will display the message "Add one women t-shirt with a 50% discount" next to the pair of pants.
- (3) The ongoing promotion is "1+1 on all bags". The customer adds a bag to her cart. The mini-cart will display the message "Add another bag for free!" next to the bag.
Auto-add a product (or offer discounted products) if the customer adds certain products to the cart.
That is, define the "Buy" and the "Get" products. Then, when customer adds the "Buy" products to his cart, he will get the "Get" product auto-added to his cart, or offered with a discount.
- (1) Auto-add a free tie to the cart if the customer buys a suit.
- (2) Buy 2 pants, get a free t-shirt of your choice.
- (3) Buy 3 t-shirts, get a short for $10.
- (4) Female customers - Buy a perfume - get a face cream with $20 discount
- (5) Old customers - Buy 2 apparel items, get sun glasses for $20 only!
Auto-add a free gift (or offer a discounted product) on each $X spent
Encourage the customer to increase his cart value, by offering him a free gift (or discounted items) every time his cart reaches a certain amount.
That is, whenever the customer's cart reaches a certain money value - auto add a free gift or display a message offering him discounted products.
You can also define the "each $X" condition to be spent on a specific group of products. For example: on each $100 spent on jackets, get a free gift.
- (1) On each $50 spent on products in the store, get a free water bottle.
- (2) On each $100 spent on jackets, get a t-shirt with 50% discount.
- (3) On each $80 spent on products in the store, get a $10 discount on bags.
- (4) On each $100 spent on pants, get a pair of shoes for $40 only.
Auto-add each Nth product or offer a discount on each nth product. Create promotions like 1+1, 2+1, 1+2, 2+2 etc.
Using the extension, define the group of products that each nth of them will get discounted or auto-added. That is, when the customer adds some matching products, he gets the Nth product auto-added.
If the Nth product is non-free (discounted) - he gets a message that informs that he can add some products with a discount. The customer than can click the message and select his discounted products.
- (1) "2+1 on erasers" - the customer adds 2 erasers to the cart and the third one is getting auto-added
- (2) "Buy one t-shirt, get the next two with 50% discount" - the customer adds one t-shirt to the cart. He gets the message in the cart "Add two t-shirts with 50% discount"
- (3) Buy 2 bags, get 2 with $10 discount
- (4) Buy 3 watches, get the forth one for $10 only!
Let the customer select his discounted products directly in the cart
For cart rules with non-free products, or promotions with more than one possible free product - the extension displays a message in the cart. This message informs the customer about his free or discounted products. The customer can click the message and select his discounted products directly in the cart.
That is, if customer's cart fulfills the conditions of the promotion, he will get a catchy message in the cart. The message will explain to him what products he can add to the cart, and with what discount.
If the customer clicks that message - he gets a popup. This popup allows him to select and configure his free / discounted products without leaving the cart.
Supports configurable products, and products with custom options
If the discounted products are configurable, or if they have custom options - the customer can configure them directly in the cart.
That is, the popup lets the customer configure his free / discounted products.
Display badges and banners in the product pages
The extension allows displaying a badge and/or a banner, in the promoted products. Displaying a catchy badge or a banner is a great way to announce the promotion to the customer.
The badge will show up on the top right of the product image. You can select any image of your choice for the badge.
The banner will show up under the price in the product page. It can be any image of your choice.
Display different badges and banners in "Buy", "Each $X spent" and "Get" products
The extension allows displaying different banners and badges in the "Buy", "Each $X spent" and the "Get" products. That is, you can display a badge (or a banner) in "Get" products, saying that this product will be discounted if another product (the "buy" product) will be added to the cart.
And you can display a separate badge (or a banner) in "Buy" products saying that the customer will get a free product or a discount with this purchase.
Displaying separate badges and banners for "Buy" and "Get" products is an awesome way to encourage customers to buy more.
Example #1: In the "Buy a t-shirt, get a pair of shorts" promotion, in shorts product pages, you can display a badge saying "Get this short for FREE on buying a t-shirt"
Example #2: In the "Buy a t-shirt, get a pair of shorts" promotion, in t-shirts product pages, you can display a badge saying "Get a FREE short with this purchase!"
Example #3: In the "On each $100 spent on jackets, get a free bag" promotion, in jackets product pages, you can display a banner saying "Spend $100 on this and get a free bag!"
Upsell Cart Hints
Display hint messages in cart, telling the customer what steps he needs to perform in order to get his discount.
When running a promotion in your store, it is very important to be able to hint the customer along the way about how to accomplish the promotion. Using the "Upsell Cart Hints" functionality, you can easily do this.
The feature allows you to hint the customer about the free gift promotions. It is also able to hint the customer when some of the Magento core conditions are not met, in order to complete his discount.
The ongoing promotion is "Buy 2 bags, get a watch with 50% discount". The customer adds one bag to his cart. The Upsell Cart Hint will show up in cart, saying "Add one more bag, to get one watch with 50% discount!"
The ongoing promotion is "On each $100 spent on jackets - get a t-shirt with 50% discount". The customer adds a jacket that costs $77. The Upsell Cart Hint will show up in cart, saying "Add $23 worth of jackets, to get one t-shirt with 50% discount!"
The ongoing promotion is "Buy a t-shirt, get a short for free!". The customer adds one t-shirt to his cart. The Upsell Cart Hint will show up in cart, saying "You can now add one short for free!"
The ongoing promotion is "5+1 on water bottles". The customer adds one water bottle to his cart. The Upsell Cart Hint will show up in cart, saying "Add 4 more water bottles, to get the next water bottle for free!"
Display cart hints on invalid coupon
Display hint message in cart, once an invalid coupon was applied by the customer. The hint will tell the customer what actions he needs to perform to make his coupon applicable.
Often happens that the customer applies a coupon in his cart, forgetting something small to make it work. The customer than will get the misleading message "The coupon code is not valid." Using the "cart hints on invalid coupon" feature, the customer will get a hint message, guiding him about what items he needs to add to cart, in order to make the coupon work.
Note: This feature currently only works with coupons that have the Free Gift action type (ie: not Magento core action types).
The promotion "Buy 2 t-shirts, get short for free!" is applicable using the coupon code "buy_2tshirts_get_short". The customer adds one t-shirt to his cart. He than goes and applies the coupon "buy_2tshirts_get_short" in his cart. The coupon is invalid, since there is only one t-shirt in the cart. The Upsell Cart Hint will show up in cart, telling "Add one more t-shirt to cart. Then try applying the coupon again. You should get one short for free!"
Use customer attributes in the rule condition
You can use any customer attribute in the rule condition - email, date of birth, registration date and more.
Show your customers a personal touch by creating promotions and coupons that are built especially for them.
For example, offer free New York time papers to customers who live in New York. Send coupons to customers who have a birthday today. Reward the customers who have been registered for at least 3 years in your store, and more.
- All customers who's email contains @gmail.com.
- All customers who was born earlier than 1/1/1980.
- All customers who has been registered to the website after 2/3/2017.
Use customer order history in the rule condition
Give your customers discounts according to their purchase history. It is a great feature for acknowledging the loyalty of your customers, and reward them for their activity in your store.
For example, give coupons with discounts to the customers who completed 10 sales this year.
It is also a great way to implement customer retention programs. For example, give coupons to the customers who didn't buy for last half year, but were active a year ago.
You can use order statuses and totals to define the exact conditions on the customer order history.
- Customers who have at least 2 paid orders from the last 10 days.
- Customers who have at least 1 shipped order.
Use custom options in rules
Define conditions on custom options of the products. That is, create shopping cart rules based on custom options of the products.
Encourage your customers to buy more expensive products, by offering them a discount on the more expensive product options.
That is, create a promotion that gives N% discount on the product, only if certain custom option is selected.
- Get 10% discount on items with custom option Zip Type = Gold.
- Get 1+1 on all T-shirts with custom option Logo = Apple.
Display a popup on first customer visit
Display a popup announcing the customer about an ongoing promotion. This popup will only show up once, on the first customer visit in the website.
You can define a popup image per promotion. The system then will display all the popup images of the active promotions (the ones without coupon codes), one by one, ordered by their priority.
Display the discount breakdown in the cart. Choose the type of the breakdown that you prefer, and whether it should be collapsed by default. You can also disable the breakdown.
Detailed breakdown is an awesome tool to help your customer understand what discounts have been applied in his cart. Understanding the exact discounts / coupons that were applied in the cart, will amplify customer's happiness, and decrease the chances of the cart abandonment.
- Rule labels and product names - will show the rule label and the affected products.
Example: Buy pair of pants, get a t-shirt for free!: Layla Tee
- Comprehensive breakdown - will explain the discount using simple human language.
Example: Got Layla Tee, for buying Karmen Yoga Pant
- Rule labels - will only show the rule name.
Example: Buy pair of pants, get a t-shirt for free!
- Skip products that have tier / special / catalog rule price.
- Limit the maximum discount amount per rule.
- Mass delete promotions through the rules grid - the extension adds a delete mass action functionality in the cart rules grid. That is, you can now delete old / redundant promotions and coupons directly through the grid.
Easy rules creation
It is very easy to create sophisticated promotions using the extension.
The rules engine is very intuitive, and all you need to do is to fill the gaps. Therefore, the learning curve for the extension is very short.
The Free Gift extension makes any complex promotion creation easy and fun.